Large Store Shed Consumed by Flames at Local Golf Course
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - An investigator from the State Fire Marshal’s office is helping in the search for the cause of the fire that wiped out a large shed at a Rochester area golf course Thursday afternoon.
The blaze was reported at Maple Valley Golf Course in rural southeast Rochester around 3:30 p.m.. The shed, which was used to store lawnmowers and other maintenance equipment, was engulfed in flames when firefighters from Stewartville and Rochester arrived at the scene.
A preliminary damage estimate was the loss at up to $500,000.