High School Student ID’d as Suspect in Rochester BB Gun Shooting
Rochester, MN KROC AM News) - The Rochester John Marshall student who caused a stir Thursday after bringing a BB gun to school is in even more trouble.
Police say he is the one who shot a West Concord man in the head with a BB gun earlier this week.
Interim Police Chief John Sherwin says JM staff reported the student after learning he had a gun. Sherwin says officers found the 15-year-old had a BB gun in his waistband. The incident led to a soft lockdown at the school for about an hour.
Sherwin says the teen was already suspected of being involved in Tuesday’s shooting inside an apartment complex.
Sherwin says the 20-year-old West Concord man had gone to the building to buy some marijuana. He was shot three times in the head and a BB also left a puncture wound on the rear of his neck.
Sherwin says the teenager is expected to face 2nd-degree assault and other charges. He is also facing a probation violation.
Get local and national news on the go. Download our News-Talk 1340 KROC-AM App http://krocam.com/app/ – available on Apple and Android devices.