Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - The Rochester Fire Department says investigators believe the explosion and fire that injured a worker and heavily damaged a bus maintenance garage last Friday was likely ignited by a spark produced by a small refrigerator.

Officials say a propane-fueled school bus was being worked on in the First Student garage when it developed a fuel leak. The employees of the facility responded by attempting to open the garage doors and shut down the furnace, but the gas apparently migrated to the refrigerator, igniting an explosion and fire that caused between $750,000 and $1 million in damage.

Officials have said the injured worker was hurt when he was hit by a garage door that was blown out by the explosion, but there is no information about his medical condition.

For 24/7 news and sports check KROC AM and follow KROC-AM on Facebook.