Rochester Stabbing Victims Improving; No Arrests Yet
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Rochester police investigators aren’t sure if there will be any arrests related to Tuesday’s violent melee that sent several people to the hospital.
A police spokesman says the problem is no one is cooperating.
Investigators have been able to interview all of those involved, including two who were seriously injured. One was stabbed in the chest three times and the other was severely beaten. Their medical conditions have since improved. Three knives believed to have been used in the stabbings have been recovered. Three people were stabbed in the chest, one was stabbed in the hand and another had a superficial wound. Police suspect the stabbings were committed by three people.
The spokesman says investigators have been given conflicting stories.
What is known is that four people were at an apartment at 2825 56th St NW, apparently playing cards when two separate groups pulled up in cars.
One group went inside. The other group of four males forced their way in and that’s when the brawl started.
It’s believed a total of 12 people were involved.
Investigators brought in one of the men who had been in the apartment before the melee began for questioning. 19-year-old Diangelo Johnson was later arrested on drug charges after it was discovered he had 100 grams of marijuana in his possession.
Get local and national news on the go. Download our News-Talk 1340 KROC-AM App http://krocam.com/app/ – available on Apple and Android devices.