Rochester Shooting Suspects Facing Additional Charges
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Charges are expected to be filed against two suspects who were arrested Thursday in connection to a shooting that happened earlier in the day.
Police say a 24-year-old man was driving on Marion Road and began passing a car that was weaving. The man says as he was trying to pass the other car, its driver sped up. The man say he became upset and yelled at the other driver. That’s when a passenger in the other car pointed a gun at him. The man made a sudden turn into the Oak Terrace Estates mobile home park and heard several shots. He called 911 and officers stopped the other vehicle a few blocks away.
After finding a semi-automatic handgun in the vehicle, the two suspects were taken in for questioning. Police later arrested 20-year-old Adrick Mims of Rochester and a 15-year-old male, also of Rochester. It’s believed the teenager was the one who fired the gun.
A spokesman says the same two suspects are also expected to be charged with an incident the day before at the north Walmart store.
The two were caught trying to walk out early Wednesday with some merchandise when they were confronted by a female employee. When she took the bags they had, one of the suspects put her in a bear hug. The woman dropped the bags and the two fled. The incident was recorded on the store’s surveillance system.