Rochester Robbery Suspect Rearrested
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - The man who was arrested and later released last week as a suspect in a recent armed robbery in Rochester was taken into custody again Thursday and is expected to be charged this time.
Police say they found more evidence linking 21-year-old Dushawn Minor to the robbery of the Sun Tan City business. Another man was also arrested as a suspect.
Police Capt. John Sherwin says 25-year-old Bryon Rush was brought in on a different case but is expected to be charged in the same robbery.
Some of the evidence used for the arrests came from an apartment located across the street from the business.
The business was robbed the night of Dec. 18th as a 24-year-old employee was locking up. She told police three masked men approached and at least two had guns. One confronted her husband who had arrived to give her a ride home and was waiting in his car. The other two forced her back inside and told her to open the safe. Sherwin says the woman was so frightened she had a hard time responding and one of the men pistol-whipped her over the head. The men took the woman’s phone and cash and drove off with her husband’s car. Sherwin says the vehicle was found a few blocks away.
News update: A Minnesota Congressman posts a controversial tweet.
Get local and national news on the go. Download our News-Talk 1340 KROC-AM App
http://krocam.com/app/ – available on Apple and Android devices.