Rochester Family Chased out of Home by Dryer Fire
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Rochester firefighters were called to a house around 2:30 a.m. Friday to deal with a clothes dryer fire.
And they’re crediting a smoke detector for the safe evacuation of the family that lives there.
The house is located at 2108 45th St. NW.
The fire was confined to the room where the dryer was located but there was heavy smoke throughout the basement of the home.
The Fire Department says a family member heard a smoke detector and alerted his father who called 911. All seven family members made it out safely.
The preliminary damage estimate was put at $5,000.