MinneChaska, MN (AP) - The local sheriff says the last time Prince was seen alive was the night before emergency crews found him unresponsive at his home in suburban Minneapolis.

Carver County Sheriff Jim Olson says an acquaintance dropped Prince off at his compound around 8 p.m. Wednesday. Olson says his Prince found unresponsive late Thursday morning in an elevator on this first floor of his home, after staff members were unable to get ahold of the 57-year-old musician.

Olson says Prince was "a very private person" and he didn't think it was unusual for the singer to be alone at his sprawling compound. The sheriff declined to say who made the initial 911 call, saying that information is private.

But he promised to fully investigate the death, saying: "This is certainly a big event internationally and nationally and I can tell you that we are going to leave no stone unturned on this and make sure the public knows what happened."


Minnesota authorities are declining to discuss whether any prescription drugs were found in Prince's home after his death, or to discuss a report that the musician suffered a drug overdose less than a week before he died.

Carver County Sheriff Jim Olson and a medical examiner's office spokeswoman refused to comment Friday when asked about prescription drugs or a possible overdose. Celebrity website TMZ.com, citing "multiple" unnamed sources, has reported that Prince received treatment for a painkiller overdose while traveling home from concerts in Atlanta last week.

TMZ reported last week that Prince's flight made an emergency landing early April 15 in Moline, Illinois, where he was briefly hospitalized.

Authorities say there were no signs of trauma on Prince's body when he was found unresponsive at his home, and that suicide isn't suspected in the musician's death.

Carver County Sheriff Jim Olson released the information during a news conference Friday.

The sheriff says the investigation is ongoing into the death of the 57-year-old musician, who was found dead Thursday morning at his home in suburban Minneapolis.

An autopsy was completed earlier Friday, though preliminary findings weren't immediately released