Rochester, MN  (KROC AM News) -  The Rochester Fire Department is estimating the damage caused by a kitchen fire on Saturday at around $20,000.

The fire was reported in a home at 711 2nd Avenue Northwest shortly after 7:30 p.m. Fire Department Captain Brian Peterson says it appears the fire started on the stove and the flames spread to a microwave and cabinets, while there was smoke damage throughout the residence.

No injuries were reported.

For 24/7 news and sports check KROC AM and follow KROC-AM on Facebook