Jamar Clark Decision Coming
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Minneapolis prosecutor is set to announce whether two police officers will be charged in the fatal shooting of a black man last November.
Spokesman Chuck Laszewski says Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman plans to announce his decision in the death of 24-year-old Jamar Clark at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Clark was shot Nov. 15 during what authorities called a struggle with Officers Mark Ringgenberg and Dustin Schwarze. But some people who say they saw the shooting have said Clark wasn't struggling and was handcuffed. He died a day later.
Clark's shooting prompted protests in Minneapolis, including an 18-day encampment outside a north side police precinct.
Freeman first planned to use a grand jury to decide on charges, but earlier this month announced he would make the decision himself.