House Fire in Freeborn County Town
Alden, MN (KROC AM News) - A house in the small Freeborn County town of Alden was heavily damaged after a fire broke out Tuesday.
The Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office says the fire was reported just before 8:00 PM. Firefighters arrived to find thick smoke coming out of the second-floor windows. No one was home at the time of the fire.
The sheriff’s office says upon initial investigation, it appears the fire may have started near a clothes dryer. The State Fire Marshal's Office has been called to assist in the investigation.
The home is a rental that is owned by Leah and Theodore Jacobsen of Owatonna.
Alden is located about 15 miles west of Albert Lea.
Get local and national news on the go. Download our News-Talk 1340 KROC-AM App http://krocam.com/app/ – available on Apple and Android devices.