Fatal Fire in Mason City
MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) — A 24-year-old man has died in a Mason City house fire that was started by unattended food cooking on a stove.
Mason City Fire Department officials say Ackhasenh Cavan died as a result of the accidental Sunday morning blaze.
Firefighters found Cavan outside the house when they arrived. He was given medical aid before being taken to a Mason City hospital, where he was declared dead.
The fire damage was contained to the kitchen and living room, with some smoke damage throughout the rest of the house.