Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - The charge filed against a Waseca man after he was accused of sexually assaulting a woman in a restroom at a Rochester church have been dropped.

Olmsted County Attorney Mark Ostrem says some additional evidence and statements raised questions about the case, and the criminal complaint charging 27-year-old Brandon Jeno with third-degree criminal sexual conduct was dismissed during an omnibus hearing in Olmsted County court on Thursday.

Jeno was arrested at his home in Waseca on September 1st after a 32-year-old Rochester woman reported she had been sexually assaulted at the First Presbyterian Church along Third Street Southwest on the edge of downtown Rochester. The woman told investigators she was attending a Narcotics Anonymous meeting in the church and was assaulted when she went to use the restroom and was followed by her assailant, whom she identified as Jeno.

In response to questions about the decision to dismiss the charge, Ostrem stated,
"We know something happened. We just can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt."

View Previous Story About This Case

For 24/7 news and sports check KROC AM and follow KROC-AM on Facebook.