Gordonsville, MN (KROC AM News) - Firefighters were called out in frigid weather late Tuesday night to battle a house fire in rural Freeborn County.

Crews arrived to find the two-story house in the small town of Gordonsville fully engulfed in flames. No one was home at the time.

The Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office says it  was determined the fire was caused by wiring and the use of multiple space heaters.

The property - near the Iowa border -  is owned by 52-year-old Darrenn Stevens, who had been living there with his two adult sons.

A fire in Freeborn County last week wiped out a home near the town of Emmons and killed its owner.

For 24/7 news and sports check KROC AM and follow KROC-AM on Facebook.